XS2A Core is an interface that provides third-party providers with access to client accounts that are managed by an ASPSP.
Key Challenge for an Account Servicing Payment Service Provider
With the PSD2, the European Union has published a new directive for payment services in the internal market. Among other things, banks are required to have open interfaces for third-party providers so that they have access to banking systems and client accounts.
The XS2A Core Solution from adorsys
XS2A Core is fully compliant with the PSD2 and supplies core services, which are defined by the directive:
- Payment Initiation Service to be operated by a Payment Initiation Service Provider TPP
- Account Information Service to be operated by an Account Information Service Provider TPP
- Confirmation on the Availability of Funds Service to be used by a Payment Instrument Issuing Service Provider TPP
Access to Clients Accounts
For the operation of the new services, a TPP needs to access the account of the PSU, which is usually managed by the Account Servicing Payment Service Provider (ASPSP). The PSD2 obligates ASPSP to provide the third-party payment service provider with a (dedicated) interface that can be used to access client accounts in order to initiate transfers (e.g. to online retailers), download account information, or query available card funds.
Ready to start?
For more information, see the
entire open source project on GitHub.
Complete Feature List
Project Kick-Off with two Team Members
Released xs2a v.1.0
- Redirect SCA approach
Released xs2a v.1.7
- Based on Berlin Group Specification 1.2.
- Embedded SCA approach for single payment
Implementation of specification 1.3
- According to the yaml file from Berlin Group in xs2a v.1.15.
- Support of single, periodic and bulk payment initiation with pain.001 XML message
Released xs2a v.1.17
- Implemented Decoupled SCA approach
- Start to support of multiple SCA approaches
Provide development within two branches
- Stable branch for version 2.x
- Development branch for version 3.x
Implementation of specification 1.3.4 extentions
- Stable branch for version 4.x
- Development branch for version 5.x